Agenda & Education
View the preliminary program for Convention.
View education session descriptions for the Convention.
September 18, 2017
- 8:00am – 4:00pm – Registration/Check-in
- 9:00am—10:15am – Opening Keynote Speaker
- 10:45am—11:45am – Educational Breakout Sessions
- Noon – 1:30pm – Luncheon General Session
- 1:30pm – 3:45pm – Exhibitor Showcase & Lunch
- 4:00pm – 5:00pm – Happy Hour Breakout Session Education
- 5:00pm – 5:45pm – Fun Night Cocktail Hour
- 5:45pm – 10:00pm – Fun Night Dinner & Activity
September 19, 2017
- 8:00am – 3:00pm – Registration/Check-in
- 9:00am—10:00am – Educational Breakout Sessions
- 10:15am—11:15am – Educational Breakout Sessions
- 10:30am – 11:00am – Award Winner Welcome Reception
- 11:30am – 1:00pm – Awards Ceremony Luncheon
- 1:15pm – 2:15pm – Educational Breakout Sessions
- 2:30pm – 3:30pm – Educational Breakout Sessions
- 3:30pm – Annual Convention Adjourns
“Radical Leadership! A New Era for Today’s Organizations”
Presented by: Craig Zablocki
Sponsored by: Barings
At the conclusion of this session, you will be able to clearly articulate radical leadership principles and experience the difference between a purposeful leader and a personality leader. You’ll understand the importance of communication in management leave with a better understanding of what is critical to providing thoughtful leadership and person-centered care.
Craig Zablocki has encouraged and inspired people with his unique blend of humor and authenticity. A nationally known speaker and consultant, Craig has presented to more than 900,000 policy makers, state employees, health care professionals, and students internationally and in all 50 states. His books, Improv 101, Unleash Your Creative Spirit and Humor Me, are critically acclaimed and his cutting-edge methods incorporate practical tools to loosen up, become more creative, and live in the moment.
Sponsored by: KPD Insurance
Dust off your boots and cowboy hat for the Western Fun Night Barn Dance!
Learn the moves to the most popular country line dances and then use your new moves on the dance floor! A country barbecue themed dinner is followed by western-themed activities including casino tables, horseshoe pits, ping pong tables, a photo booth, and more!
Sponsored by: Yardi
The OHCA Awards program is an opportunity to recognize the individuals working in Oregon’s provider communities for their efforts to go the extra mile to enhance the quality of life and well-being of residents and co-workers. Award recipients will be recognized on stage at the Annual Convention Awards Luncheon program on September 19, 2017.
App Sponsored by: Alliance Insurance
To download the event app, search for “OHCA Annual Convention 2017” in the Apple Store or Google Play and use the event code “OHCA2017”.
- The OHCA 2017 Annual Convention mobile app allows you to
- Research and tag the classes you’d like to attend
- View class descriptions and speakers
- Download presentation handouts directly to your phone or tablet
- Connect with attendees and exhibitors
- Play the Annual Convention “Knowledge Hunt” game during the Trade Show for a chance to win the event’s grand prize
- Download session handouts directly to your smartphone
- Take notes on your device and email them to yourself for future reference or printing
- And so much more!
You can also access the mobile app on your laptop or tablet here.
Continuing Education Units
Nursing Facility Administrators
Approval pending for 10.75 CEUs by the Oregon Health Licensing Agency.
Assisted Living, Residential Care Administrators
OHCA is an approved provider of CEUs by the Oregon Health Licensing Agency.
Memory Care Unit Credits
OHCA is an approved provider of Memory Care Unit CEUs by the Department of Human Services Office of Licensing & Regulatory Oversight.
Washington State Nursing Facility Administrators
OHCA is an approved provider of CEUs by the Washington State Board of Nursing Home Administrators.
Venue & Directions
Oregon Convention Center
777 NE Martin Luther King, Jr. Blvd
Portland, OR 97232
Parking is available onsite for $10/day. OCC is accessible by bus and MAX.
- DoubleTree by Portland
- Courtyard by Marriott Portland Downtown/Convention Center
- Hotel Eastlund
- Crowne Plaza Portland Convention Center
Exhibitors, please register to attend the event on our online exhibitor registration portal here.
- View the Exhibitor Prospectus
- View the Exhibitor Kit
- View the trade show floor and available sponorships
- Read the Exhibitor FAQ
Please contact Melodie King at firstname.lastname@example.org or (503) 726-5227 for assistance or any questions.