Now that in-person meetings are limited, we’d better learn how to do it virtually! Jamie is doing a free live demo of the Zoom webinar and meeting platform, time for personal help.
Zoom is a powerful yet easy to use virtual meeting and webinar tool. With all of the school and work closures, life does go on! Stay connected with friends, family, and work over the internet! Jamie will show you how to use an easy virtual meeting/webinar tool called Zoom. This is a free class to show you how to download and install the software, connect to a meeting or webinar, and talk to the people there! This class will be limited to 100 learners. If you missed open enrollment, you can watch the previously recorded class on Zoom by clicking here.
Beginner through Advanced
- A high-speed internet connection.
- Computer with a webcam and microphone.
Who should take this class?
What You’ll Learn
- How to download and install Zoom
- How to join a meeting or webinar
- How to talk and share your screen with others
How to Prepare for this Class
9 am to 10 am – Getting Set Up. Get connected to the webinar! Jamie will be available to assist you if you need any help getting set up.
If you need help getting set up or logged into the webinar you can call Alicia at 971-235-7119 or Jef at 503-577-4915 if needed and he will personally talk you through how to connect using the Zoom application. If you do not need this, you can wait to join at 10 am.
- Go to https://zoom.us/download#client_4meeting
- Click the big blue Download button under Zoom Client for Meetings. This will download the client installer into your Downloads folder.
- Double click the Zoom Installer package and Zoom will install itself.
- Once you have it installed, you can click a Zoom link in an email or click Join a Meeting and enter a Meeting ID number that has been provided.
- You do not need to create a Zoom account to attend other people’s events. You will need to create a Zoom account if you want to host meetings or webinars.
- If you get prompted to Allow Zoom to access your camera and/or microphone, Approve it.
10 am to 11 am – Class Begins – Webinar
Jamie will give a guided tour of the Zoom interface and point out the controls you will need during a meeting or webinar.
11 am to 12 pm – How to Join a Meeting – Meeting ID: 654-196-632
Jamie will be available to do a live Question and Answer session and help you troubleshoot any specific issue you are experiencing!
This class will be limited to 100 learners. If you missed open enrollment, you can watch the previously recorded class on Zoom by clicking here.
Cant Make This Class?