If you run a business, good financial records are crucial to your business decisions, and your tax returns! Learn how to manage your company by using QuickBooks. We’ll take a broad look at all of QuickBooks’s features and help you determine which ones you need to manage your business on a daily basis.
Instructional Level: Beginner through Intermediate
Course Length: 4 hours
Course Credits: 4 CPE, Certificate of Completion
Requirements: No prerequisite knowledge needed.
QuickBooks Pro or higher installed on your computer.
Who should take this class?
- Business owners and employees who maintain their company’s financial records
- Students and job-seekers will boost their employment marketability
- Entrepreneurs and new business owners who are just getting started, and want to make sure they have solid business knowledge so that they can succeed
- Seasoned users looking to glean essential nuggets of information to make using QuickBooks easier and faster than before
- Bookkeepers and Accountants who wish to brush up on their skills.
What should you bring?
A pen. We will provide you with a free QuickBooks manual where you can take notes.
What You’ll Learn?
- The importance of good record keeping
- When do you need a bookkeeper and when can you do it yourself?
- Common bookkeeping mistakes business owners make
- Setting up QuickBooks
- QuickBooks Preferences
- Creating your Items list
- Working with Customers (Accounts Receivable): Estimates, Invoices, Sales Receipts, Payments
- Working with Vendors (Accounts Payable): Bills, Payments, Expenses, Checks
- Bank feeds
Attend in Person, via Webinar, or Watch Later!
If you are planning to attend our class in person, choose “Live @ CityMac”.
If you live outside the Portland/Vancouver area, or if you don’t want to make the drive, you can attend and participate in our classes via webinar. When you register, choose “Online via Webinar” as your ticket type. We’ll email you an access code and instructions for how to connect.
If you are unable to attend on this time and date, select the “Watch Later” option. After class is done, we’ll send you access information so that you can watch the content at your convenience. You are welcome to call us with your individual questions for a free 10-minute Q and A session.