3711 196th St SW
Lynnwood, WA 98036
Join the WMCMA Monthly Meeting on Feb 9th. This month’s presentation will cover “Lipid Management and the Role of PCSK9 Inhibition” presented by Mathew Ito, Pharm. D. FCCP, FNLA, CLS Regional Medical Liasion, Sanofi, US Medical Affairs, Past President, National Lipid Association
This presentation will focus on the new class of PCSK9 inhibitors and how they are integrated into the management of patients with severe lipid disorders, including Familial Hypercholesterolemia (FH), to help achieve lipid management goals.
– Identify the “root cause” of atherosclerosis
– Describe the clinical evidence which supports that lower on treatment cholesterol is associated with improved clinical outcomes.
– Compare and contrast the various US lipid management recommendations.
– Summarize LDL receptor recycling and the biology of Proprotein convertase subtilisin/kexin type 9 (PCSK9).
– Describe the mechanism of action, indications, efficacy, and side-effects of alirocumab.
$20 members (onsite: includes lunch & CE);
$30 non-members (includes lunch & CE);
$10 teleconference (includes CE)
Application has been made for pre-approval by The Commission for Case Manager Certification to provide continuing education credit to CCM® board certified case managers for 1.0 CE contact hour(s).
Registration deadline is Monday, February 6th 2017. Please help by registering early to ensure an accurate count for room space and lunches.