Oregon Cascades West Council of Governments (OCWCOG) is a regional governmental entity created in the mid-1960’s by the local governments within Linn, Benton and Lincoln Counties. OCWCOG supports local and regional members and their communities to develop solutions to common issues, and connect member governments, businesses and individuals with a wide array of resources.
Over the years, OCWCOG has assisted our members and their citizens in a variety of areas; access to a wide variety of human service programs supporting older adults and people with physical disabilities, community development, economic development, and business lending programs. In addition, transportation services, transportation planning, and technology services are also available throughout the region.
Senior and Disability Services Programs:
- SENIOR and DISABILITY SERVICES (SDS)—primary goal is to help older adults and people with disabilities preserve an independent lifestyle and support their desire to live in community settings rather than institutional care. The SDS program is a comprehensive direct service organization. By integrating a number of essential services, SDS helps individuals and families who need physical, emotional, medical or financial support to sustain a dignified, independent life. SDS programs include:
- CASE MANAGEMENT—Case managers provide access to state and federally funded programs through assessment, options counseling and developing service plans for seniors and people with disabilities in Linn, Benton and Lincoln Counties.
- INCOME AND MEDICAL ASSISTANCE —Basic income and medical assistance are provided to qualified individuals through programs such as the Oregon Health Plan (OHP), Food Stamps (SNAP) and Medicaid Long Term Services and Supports.
- ADULT PROTECTIVE SERVICES — Each year, staff members assist hundreds of people who experience abuse, neglect, exploitation or unsafe living environments.
- SENIOR MEALS/HOME DELVERED MEALS — Over 200,000 meals are provided to our citizens living in Linn, Benton and Lincoln Counties each year through eleven meal sites.
- INFORMATION AND REFERRAL — Staff with our regional Aging and Disability Resource Connection (ADRC) with offices in our Albany and Toledo offices, assist over 11,000 callers per year.
- ADVOCACY — The Senior Services Advisory Council and the Disability Services Advisory Council provides an opportunity to become more involved in the issues and programs serving seniors and people with disabilities in the region.
- BENTON COUNTY VETERANS SERVICES — Helps veterans, their dependents, and their survivors apply for benefits from both the U.S. and the State of Oregon Department of Veterans Affairs (ODVA).
Article provided by:
Oregon Cascade West Council of Government (OCWCOG)
Statewide Resource Directory of services available in Oregon
Albany: 541-967-8630, 800-638-0510
Corvallis: 541-758-1595, 800-508-1698
Toledo: 541-336-2289, 800-282-6194