There are 2 opportunities to participate:
- Goody Bags/ Thank you for hospital staff – items are donated by local providers and anyone can participate
- Provide Lunch for a hospital team
Our Retirement Connection team works with local providers, to provide a small “Thank you” to hospital case managers during Case Management Week. We are coordinating the case management week for more than 1000 case managers at 50 hospitals from Everett, WA to Medford, OR. Typically more than 100 providers in several cities donate items valued less than $10/each to recognize the hard work of local case managers.
CHANGE THIS YEAR: For Most hospitals (but not all) we have coordinated with the hospitals to allow each provider to deliver their donated items directly to the hospital during a specific time: see your confirmation for drop off day, from 8-10AM. (check your SPAM!!!) *** If you are delivering to several hospitals, please plan accordingly for additional help/support to ensure you are able to complete the drop offs within the 8am-10am window. You may want to coordinate with other providers and work together. The drop location and date/time is on the sign up form next to each hospital and total staff #.
More details about provider donated items: On the sign up form, we will note participating hospitals and the staff amount providers should plan for. If a hospital has 50 staff members- you will provide 50 items individually wrapped for that hospital (examples shown below). You can participate in as many hospitals as you like. Ideas include: hand written notes, quality logo products, $5 Starbucks cards, Kind bars, other snacks, etc. Each hospital needs to be boxed and labeled when you bring your items to drop off d
A few things to note:
* NO ALCOHOL
* NO PERISHABLE / NO HOMEMADE FOOD, food items must be store bought and individually wrapped
* NO GLASS OR FRAGILE ITEMS, the bags will be moved several times, and your items may be broken
* If including multiple small items – please bag them together (ex. tea, lotion, and a face mask from same provider should be placed in a single SMALL bag. This helps us keep all your items together.)
* Snacks are very popular – consider placing your label on a bag and include a few kind bars, a card, and beverage with no glass.
* Be mindful of dated items, please note that these bags are delivered the week of Oct. 10th
* If you are including branded logo items – be mindful of the audience and purpose of these bags.
Remember: These goodie bags are a Thank You gift to case managers, and different from items distributed at an expo table. It would be better to donate a simple Kind Bar with your label, rather than marketing brochures and pens. Great Logo items have been: phone chargers, sewing kits, Ice packs, travel mugs filled with items, aromatherapy lotion, or other nice items we KEEP.
Below are a few great examples from 2021…
Thank you to those that have already signed up (updated 9/29)
|1st CHOICE Advisory Services||Happy Quest Home Care||River Terrace Memory Care|
|Advanced Care Life services||Harbour Pointe Senior Living||Roadrunner Transport LLC|
|Aegis Living||Holden Southcenter||Rogue Valley Manor|
|Alpha Home Health and Hospice||Home Instead||Rosewood Courte Memory Care|
|Assisting Hands Home Care-Happy Valley||HomeWell Care Services||Samaritan Evergreen Hospice|
|Avamere Court at Keizer||Interim HealthCare of Bellevue||Silver Pacific Home Care & Staffing|
|Bridgeport Place Senior Living||Josephine Caring Community||Sunrise of Edmonds|
|Brookdale Monroe||Kindred Hospice||Sunset Hills Funeral Home|
|Canfield Place Assisted Living||Mallard Landing||SYNERGY HomeCare Bellevue|
|CenterWell Home Health||Markham House Assisted Living||SYNERGY HomeCare of Portland|
|Continuum Care Hospice||McLoughlin Place Senior Living||Team Senior|
|Dallas Retirement Village Health Center||Merrill Gardens Renton Centre||The Stafford|
|eliseo||Miramont Pointe||The Village Senior Living|
|Essential Therapy and Consultation||New Horizons||TheKey|
|Family Resource Home Care||Oasis Senior Advisors||Traditions Health Hospice|
|Franke Tobey Jones||Pegasus Lifts, LLC||Visiting Angels|
|Friendsview||Pioneer Village||Waverly Place|
|GenCare Lifestyle at Ballard Landmark||Redwood Heights||Wesley Bradley Park|
|GenCare The Lodge at Eagle Ridge||Rehmke Andreve PS||West Hills|
|WindSong at Eola Hills|
2. Deliver Boxed Lunches for a hospital team Link to Sign up to deliver lunch
We list participating hospitals and the # of staff to plan for at each location, Time/date for delivery . Hospitals SHOULD automatically be removed from the list once selected. We will email you the drop off location instructions to those signed up.
Boxed Lunch Delivery Details: This is a “NO contact lunch drop off”.
Lunch Sponsors will have very limited contact with the hospital, please do not sign up for a lunch if you are expecting significant face time or marketing exposure. Due to ongoing COVID policies and staffing shortages, this will NOT be possible.
* You will be able to include your brochures at drop off (please provide enough for the hospital staff to each have one (1) only).
* You will also be able to provide a brief 2-3 minute video that we will send to the hospital case management staff. These will be emailed to Amy
A few things to note:
* ALL BOXED LUNCHES MUST BE INDIVIDUALLY PACKAGED
* NO HOMEMADE FOOD, or food made at a Senior Community. All food items must be restaurant bought and individually boxed
* PLAN FOR SPECIAL DIETS, and include at least 10-15% that can accommodate Vegan, Vegetarian, Gluten Free and ask the restaurant to note that on the box.
* BEVERAGES recommended but not required, (non-alcoholic of course)