Case Management Week is October 10-16th, there are 2 opportunities to participate:
- Goodie Bags for hospital staff – items are donated by local providers and anyone can participate
- Provide Lunch for a hospital team – open to Retirement Connection sponsors only at this time
1) Include your items in the Goody Bags:
Retirement Connection team works with local providers, to provide “Thank you bags” to hospital case managers during Case Management Week, October 10-16th. We plan to drop off more than 1000 Thank You bags to case management staff at 40 hospitals from Everett, WA to Medford, OR. More than 100 providers in several cities donated items valued less than $10/each to recognize the hard work of local case managers. Click here to watch the video from the 2020 collection, bag fill and deliveries. Click Here to Sign Up
More details about provider donated items: On the sign up form, we have noted participating hospitals and the staff amount providers should plan for. If a hospital has 50 staff members- you will provide 50 items for that hospital. You can participate in as many hospitals as you like. Ideas include: hand written notes, quality logo products, $5 Starbucks cards, Kind bars, other snacks, etc. Each hospital needs to be boxed separately when you bring your items to the drop location (do NOT NOT NOT deliver to the hospital). All items for each hospital will be combined in individual goodie bags for each case manager to receive during case management week.
A few things to note:
* NO ALCOHOL
* NO PERISHABLE / NO HOMEMADE FOOD, food items must be store bought and individually wrapped
* NO GLASS OR FRAGILE ITEMS, the bags will be moved several times, and your items may be broken
* If including multiple small items – please bag them together (ex. tea, lotion, and a face mask from same provider should be placed in a single bag. This helps us keep all your items together.)
* Snacks are very popular – consider placing your label on a bag and include a few kind bars, a card, and beverage with no glass.
* Be mindful of dated items, please note that these bags are delivered the week of Oct. 11th
* If you are including branded logo items – be mindful of the audience and purpose of these bags.
Remember: These goodie bags are a Thank You gift to case managers, and different from items distributed at an expo table. It would be better to donate a simple Kind Bar with your label, rather than marketing brochures and pens. Great Logo items have been: phone chargers, sewing kits, Ice packs, travel mugs filled with items, aromatherapy lotion, or other nice items we KEEP.
Drop locations for your donated items:
- Puget Sound Area Hospital Drop Locations/Date: OCTOBER 11TH, 9am – 4:30pm
All items for this area will be delivered to a central drop off in the Kent area.
SASH Office @ 6811 S 204th St. – Kent, WA 98032
2 additional drop off times/locations at networking meetings in September:
– September 10th, 9-10:30am, at the SASH Office @ 6811 S 204th St. – Kent, WA 98032
– September 17th, 9-10:30am at the SASH Coffee Time @ Edmonds City Park, Picnic Shelter #1, 600 3rd Ave S, Edmonds, WA 98020
- Portland/Vancouver Area Hospital Drop Locations/Date: OCTOBER 6TH, 10-4pm
All items for this area will be delivered to a central drop off in SE Portland
Drop location: Stor-Room Mini Storage @ 4534 SE 17th Avenue – Portland, OR 97202
2 additional drop off dates/times/locations:
OCTOBER 4th 10-4pm, in DUNDEE- Private Residence: 740 SW Graystone Pl, Dundee OR 97115
SEPTEMBER 17th 9-10:30am in VANCOUVER- The SSN Networking meeting on September 17th, 9-10:30am @ Keller Williams office @ 2211 E Mill Plain Blvd – Vancouver, WA 98661
- Mid Willamette Valley Area Hospital 3 Drop Locations/Date: OCTOBER 4th 10-4pm
All items for this area will be delivered to a central drop off in Albany, Woodburn or Dundee.
Specific drop locations:
ALBANY – Waverly Place @ 2853 Salem Ave SE – Albany, Oregon 97321
WOODBURN – Heartwood Place @ 2325 N Boones Ferry Rd – Woodburn, OR 97071
DUNDEE- Private Residence: 740 SW Graystone Pl, Dundee OR 97115
- Southern Oregon Area Hospital Drop Location/Date: OCTOBER 6TH, 10-4pm
All items for this area will be delivered to a central drop off in Medford..
Specific drop locations: is New Horizons In-Home Care @ 255 W Stewart Ave #101 – Medford, OR 97501
2) Sponsor Lunch for a hospital team Click Here to sign up
All lunch dates are set for Monday, October 11th, to be delivered promptly at 10:45am
We have listed participating hospitals and the # of staff to plan for at each location. Hospitals will automatically be removed from the list once selected). Retirement Connection Sponsors can sign up now. It will open up to others on October 1, space permitting.
Sponsor Lunch Delivery Details: This is a “NO contact lunch drop off”.
Lunch Sponsors will have very limited contact with the hospital, please do not sign up for a lunch if you are expecting significant face time or marketing exposure. Due to COVID policies, this will NOT be possible.
* You will be able to include your brochures at drop off (please provide enough for the hospital staff to each have one (1) only).
* You will also be able to provide a brief 2-3 minute video that we will send to the hospital case management staff. These will be emailed to Jill
A few things to note:
* ALL BOXED LUNCHES MUST BE INDIVIDUALLY PACKAGED
* NO HOMEMADE FOOD, or food made at a Senior Community. All food items must be restaurant bought and individually boxed
* PLAN FOR SPECIAL DIETS, and include at least 10-15% that can accommodate Vegan, Vegetarian, Gluten Free and ask the restaurant to note that on the box.
* BEVERAGES recommended but not required, (non-alcoholic of course)
***Each sponsor may ONLY SIGN UP FOR ONE (1) HOSPITAL. We want to allow as many of our sponsors to participate as possible.
NOTE: If there is more than 35 case managers at a hospital for lunch – we have split the hospital and will have 2+ sponsors host the lunch to keep costs manageable for you. (Examples: Salem Health, Providence Everett)