There are 2 opportunities to participate:
- Goody Bags/ Snack Thank you for hospital staff – items are donated by local providers and anyone can participate
- Provide Lunch for a hospital team
Our Retirement Connection team works with local providers, to provide a small “Thank you” to hospital case managers during Case Management Week. We are coordinating the case management week for more than 1000 case managers at 30 hospitals from Everett, WA to Medford, OR. Typically more than 100 providers in several cities donate items valued less than $10/each to recognize the hard work of local case managers.
THIS YEAR: We are coordinating with the hospitals to allow each provider to deliver their donated items directly to the hospital during a specific time: see your confirmation for drop off day/time, (example- Monday 9th from 8-10AM). (check your SPAM!!!) *** If you are delivering to several hospitals, please plan accordingly for additional help/support to ensure you are able to complete the drop offs within the set window. You may want to coordinate with other providers and work together.
More details about provider donated items: On the sign up form, we will note participating hospitals and the staff amount providers should plan for. If a hospital has 50 staff members- you will provide 50 items individually wrapped for that hospital (examples shown below). You can participate in as many hospitals as you like. Ideas include: hand written notes, quality logo products, $5 Starbucks cards, Kind bars, other snacks, etc.
Each hospital has selected their preference for recognition, option #1 or #2:
Ideas include: hand written notes, quality logo products, kind bars, other snacks, etc. Each hospital needs to be boxed/labeled separately, with the # staff included on the label. When you bring your items to the drop location please follow the specific instructions requested by each hospital.
A few things to note:
* NO ALCOHOL- NO ALCOHOL- NO ALCOHOL
* NO PERISHABLE / NO HOMEMADE FOOD, food items must be store bought and individually wrapped
* NO GLASS OR FRAGILE ITEMS
* If including multiple small items- please bag them together (ex. tea, lotion, and a face mask from same provider should be placed in a single bag. This helps us keep all your items together.)
Reminder: These goody bags are a Thank You gift to case managers, and different from items distributed at an expo table. It would be better to donate a simple Kind Bar with your label, rather than marketing brochures and pens. Great Logo items have been: phone chargers, sewing kits, Ice packs, travel mugs filled with items, aromatherapy lotion, or other nice items we KEEP.
#2 Team Snacks/beverages for staff to grab (kind bars, Starbucks refresher or crystal light packets, granola, candy bars, individually wrapped muffins, chips, etc)
* Idea: decorate your delivery box with branded colors, include some brochures and enough snacks for the # of case managers designated at the hospital.
Remember: These are a Thank You gift to case managers, and different from items distributed at an expo table. It would be better to donate a simple Kind Bar with your label, rather than marketing brochures and pens. Great Logo items have been: phone chargers, sewing kits, Ice packs, travel mugs filled with items, aromatherapy lotion, or other nice items we KEEP.
PLEASE CONSIDER PACKAGING THAT IS RECYCLABLE. Many hospitals expressed concerns of excess plastic wrap/ packaging. Consider using recyclable, paper or compostable packaging in order to limit waste in landfills.
Below are a few great examples (but this year let’s try harder to be more environmentally friendly with packaging)…
B) Deliver Boxed Lunches for a hospital team
(34 hospitals agreed to box lunch drop offs)
Sign up link or copy/paste: https://forms.gle/b8P8C1sZy4G6SJ6w7
We list participating hospitals and the # of staff to plan for at each location, Time/date for delivery . Hospitals SHOULD automatically be removed from the list once selected. We will email you the drop off location instructions to those signed up.
Boxed Lunch Delivery Details: This is a “NO contact lunch drop off”.
Lunch Sponsors will have very limited contact with the hospital, please do not sign up for a lunch if you are expecting significant face time or marketing exposure. Due to hospital staffing needs, this will NOT be possible.
* You will be able to include your brochures at drop off (please provide enough for the hospital staff to each have at least one each.
* You will also be able to provide a brief 2-3 minute video that we will send to the hospital case management staff. These will be emailed to your contact at the hospital by you the day of your delivery or prior.
A few things to note:
* ALL BOXED LUNCHES MUST BE INDIVIDUALLY PACKAGED
* NO HOMEMADE FOOD, or food made at a Senior Community. All food items must be restaurant bought and individually boxed
* PLAN FOR SPECIAL DIETS, and include at least 10-15% that can accommodate Vegan, Vegetarian, Gluten Free and ask the restaurant to note that on the box. We will also share any restrictions shared with our team
* BEVERAGES recommended but not required, (non-alcoholic of course)
**We recommend using a place similar to Panera Bread, and ordering 4 different options: 2 sandwich, 1 salad with meat protein, and 1 salad option without meat or cheese (to cover Gluten free/ vegan diets)