The staff at Retirement Connection has set up this page in response to the numerous 2020 fires across Oregon & Washington. Our goal is to provide a list of people in our network that need personal support and resource during this time; so that we can better support each other.

Click here to submit more resources or help needed

Some NEED help… while others can GIVE help…

Important information for any displaced from the fires

Simply submitting a forwarding address through the USPS will NOT result in your ballot being forwarded. You MUST either add a temporary mailing address through the voter registration site, or request an absentee ballot.

Ballots will begin to be mailed out October 14th.  Time is of the essence if you need to have your ballot mailed someplace other than the address at which you are registered to vote.

Here is the link from the State of Oregon with all of the information: Displaced Voter FAQ

Applewood Retirement is waiving move-in costs for wildfire victims.
They are also setting up payment plans if needed.  Visit, and contact Sara Guzman at: /503-588-1022.

Rogue Valley Preparedness and Recovery Hub, Currently focused on the fires burning in Jackson and Josephine Counties – primary focus is now response. As initial event chaos and distress begins to shift, this site will move with our community need to long term recovery efforts.

Evacuating Animals, COWGIRL 911, Volunteers helping to evacuate animals over the last few days! To the transporters, property owners and technical support teams, you guys rock! For those curious about our dispatch system, when you supply your information as someone who can help haul or provide shelter, your information is automatically uploaded into a master spreadsheet. This data is then overlaid onto a map with the current fire areas. When a ticket comes in from our help form submission, our dispatchers verify the need from the requestor, then coordinate nearby transport options and set up a facility to haul to that will be out of harms way using this data!

Trailers to move livestock Akins Trailer Sales,  Recreational Vehicle Dealership, 640 Highway 99 E Harrisburg, OR 97446

We offer a wide variety of all aluminum horse trailers; living quarter, gooseneck and bumper pull trailers for you to choose from to best fit your needs. WE ARE HERE TO HELP, WE HAVE TRAILERS- Akins Trailer Sales is committed to our community. If we can be of service, in any way, please let us know. We are here to help. If you are in need of a trailer to evacuate your livestock please call Thad 541-335-9663, updates on their facebook page

Columbia County Fairgrounds is open for livestock sheltering during wildfires. Rogue Credit Union’s Southern Oregon Fire Relief fund will match up to $50,000 in relief donations for people impacted by the Almeda and Obenchain fires, according to a Wednesday news release. Donations will go to the Southern Oregon chapter of the American Red Cross, are “designated specifically for assisting impacted families and rebuilding our communities” and are tax deductible. Donors can contribute to the fund at any Rogue Credit Union branch, by calling any Rogue Credit Union branch, or online

Medford Oregon, From the family that owns Northridge (A senior community that burned down in Jackson County Oregon): If you are looking for a tangible way to help our displaced residents from Northridge here are a few things that they need. Living Waters church at 360 E. Jackson, Medord OR  is collecting donations for everyone. You can bring these specific things there and tell them it is for Northridge. Items most needed: Gift cards to Walmart or Fred Meyer, Towels, Bathrobes All sizes from medium through 3X., Men’s sweatpants from extra-large to 3x, Sweaters for male and female sizes M-3X, Grippy slippers for men and women.

Respiratory services due to displacement and evacuation: If you or a loved one are in need of a higher level of hospital care and respiratory services, Vibra Hospital of Northern California in Redding and Vibra Hospital in Portland have available beds intheir long-term care unit. The physicians and hospital administrative staff have been working with other hospitals in the region to expedite patient referrals who would be appropriate for respiratory care. You may need to be referred out of an emergency department. But the easiest way to get answers on immediate admission is to gather your medical insurance information and call their Chief Nursing Officer, Sheba Saek at 530-510-1930 – They will be able to answer if you or your loved one are clinically appropriate for LTAC care. Their team can coordinate transport and other needed services. Redding: 530-246-9000  Portland: 503-257-5500