- Matt did an outstanding job on the wording for the nomination forms. (see below) Thank you, Matt
- We chose the individual plaque for award recipients – diamond impress acrylic in silver. (aka Bekky with a K)
- I will get more info on the perpetual plaque. We decided on one with space for a picture of Bob, but need to find a larger size than 10.5 x 13. It will have an excerpt from the wording that Matt put together for the nomination form.
- We came up with a logo- smaller shooting star from a larger star. I will ask our new member, image 360, if they can make the logo or go to Fivrr. As soon as I have a mock-up, I will send to all committee members ,via email, for feedback.
- The nomination form is going to be the same as Allstar Caregivers, so it will be ready by our next meeting (just waiting on logo). Emilee will add a QR code to link to the form on our website.
Our timeline moving forward:
-July 14th – nomination form ready to distribute/market
-Sept 30th – nomination due
-October 13th – Committee votes
-November 10th – Winner announced at meeting
- We agreed that the winner gets to pick a charity to donate to (added to senior centers and charities chosen by members). Amount same as other charities that year.
- Characteristics we will be looking for from contenders:
Service oriented, positive contributor, community involvement, selfless, represents underserved, voice for voiceless, kind, organized
Nomination form wording:
“The Bob Riler Community Service Award recognizes an individual or group that demonstrates an enduring commitment of service to the senior and disabled residents of Pierce County. This award honors the memory of Bob Riler, who worked at the Pierce County Aging and Disability Resource Center for over twenty years. During his distinguished career, Bob worked tirelessly to support the senior and disabled population in Pierce County to remain healthy, safe, and financially stable in their homes. Bob’s skill at building community partnerships made the work that he did even more beneficial for the people that the served. This award provides recognition to those individuals and groups that have carried on Bob’s legacy in their daily work.”