Questions to Ask Your Home Care Provider
1. Does Your CAREGiver speak, read and write in English?
2. Is your CAREGiver carefully screened?
3. Have the CAREGivers’ references been checked?
4. Is a criminal background check performed on the CAREGiver?
5. Is the CAREGivers’ driving record checked annually?
6. Is the CAREGiver bonded?
7. Is the CAREGiver covered by general liability insurance?
8. Is the CAREGiver covered by professional liability insurance?
9. In the event that a CAREGiver is injured, is the CAREGiver protected by workman’s compensation insurance?
10. Do you withhold, file and remit all employee taxes due the federal and state governments?
11. Do you file and remit all employers taxes due the federal and state governments?
12. Do you pay State and Federal Unemployment taxes?
13. Do you have an ongoing training program available to each CAREGiver?
14. Do you have a quality control program?
15. Do you supervise your CAREGiver?
16. Do you make every effort possible to send the same person each time?
17. Does someone from the office personally introduce the CAREGiver on their first visit?
18. Does someone from the office come to our home or hospital to do a free evaluation?
19. Can I change a CAREGiver if I am dissatisfied?
20. Do you contact us in the event that our scheduled CAREGiver calls in sick?
21. Do you keep a Journal to document daily activities?
22. Is the owner of the company involved in the day-to-day operation of the company?
23. Is someone available 24 hours a day to answer my questions?
24. If my CAREGiver quits will you find a replacement?
Provided by: Home Instead Senior Care, www.homeinstead.com
Copyright © 2008 RetirementConnection.com. All rights reserved.