Oregon Update: Building a Safe & Strong Oregon by Governor Kate Brown
Visit the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention for consistent updates national updates.
Retirement Connection Resource Pages
- View Housing Availability – Now available for In-Home Care, Home Health, and Hospice. Some housing communities are “not accepting residents due to coronavirus” and can be listed in their availability options. You can also use the Advanced search filter to look for “respite”.
- Also search this Retirement Connection site for “Referral Service and Housing Specialists” for additional help to learn about availability, virtual tours and more.
- View Networking Meeting Cancellations
- View CEU event and Hospital Case Manager event Cancellations
- Please view the Event Calendar for any events posted in your community that have been cancelled. Please contact Kyle Manning with additional updates.
COVID-19 Diagnostic Kits:
Synergy Laboratories is now offering Covid 19 RT- PCR diagnostic testing to healthcare facilities. Synergy Laboratories COVID-19 RT PCR diagnostic testing
UTI Management has diagnostic COVID-19 kits available for Residents/Patients who have Flu-like Symptoms. These kits can be drop shipped to the community location, includes swabs and prepaid FedEx shipping supplies. Results in 24-48 hours via fax or portal. Lab bills insurance. No cost to the community. Please contact Mary Ellis, 503-724-3044, for more information.
Drive Thru COVID-19 Testing in WA State:
PacMed is using the PCR swab test for active COVID-19 infections to current or newly-registered patients who qualify. Visiting the drive-thru clinic includes an evaluation and test (if needed). PacMed- COVID-19 Testing and Drive-thru Clinic
International Community Health Services currently offering drive-up appointments to test for Covid-19 at two ICHS locations: ICHS Drive-thru Covid-19 testing
- Directly in front of the ICHS International District Clinic
Monday, Wednesday, Friday; from 10 am to 2 pm
By appointment only: 206.788.3700
- Within the parking area of the ICHS Shoreline Clinic
Monday through Friday; from 1 to 3 pm
By appointment only: 206.533.2600
UW Medicine now available for drive-up testing at sites in Issaquah, Renton and Seattle for UW Medicine patients and first responders in our communities. UW Medicine- COVID-19 Drive-up Testing
The Everett Clinic offers drive-thru testing for new and current patients, and employers in Smokey Point and Everett. Everett Clinic- Drive thru COVID-19 Testing
Long Term Care Facilities:
- Oregon- This is a guide to assist in implementing the new visitation guidelines DHS previously issued to prevent the spread of COVID-19. It is intended to aid long term care facilities in implementing requirements as outlined in the Department’s Executive Letter dated March 16, 2020, and Governor Kate Brown’s Executive Order 20-03 dated March 08, 2020.
- COVID-19 Waiver in the Works for Washington: DSHS and the Health Care Authority have jointly submitted a waiver request to CMS seeking relief for health care providers dealing with the growing COVID-19 outbreak in Washington. The State is seeking significant flexibilities relating to delivery of patient care and services. In addition to relaxing standards on facility licensing to deal with an expected surge of individuals needing care, the State seeks authority to suspend survey requirements, eliminate certain HIPAA standards, waive certification requirements for CNAs, streamline functional and financial eligibility requirements, and provide relief funding for distressed providers. These temporary measures are intended to help address the expected surge in patients who will require care. We will keep you informed about the status of the application. Click here to review the Washington waiver request.
Supplies needed by providers:
If you have access to any extra face masks, gowns or protective supplies for other providers that you are able to share, please let us know and we will add you to this page as a resource. The CDC issued today new guidance on the use of masks, gowns, and face shields, including suggestions on what to do if in crisis shortages (which most all of you are in) and when your supplies are exhausted.
Looking for a supplier to purchase PPE?
In need of KN95 Masks, Surgical Mask, Isolation Gowns, Hand Sanitizers? We can help: Strategic Print Promotions is part of a large buying group called Proforma, we have access to the much needed PPE Personal Protective Equipment. Our buying group has secured FDA Certified PPE. The items we have available at this time are: KN95 Masks, Surgical Masks, and Isolation Gowns.
For more information, Click here.
Tips for Dementia Caregivers:
Additional updates to caregiver tips, education tools, and continued support can be found at alzwa.org/covid19resources
Senior Loneliness Line If you or a loved one are experiencing loneliness or isolation, please call 503-200-1633. Connecting with people can keep you healthy. Nearly 1 in 5 adults over the age of 50 is at risk of social isolation, which may lead to loneliness. Any aging adult who is experiencing loneliness, isolation, depression or anxiety can benefit from a confidential phone call with our Senior Loneliness specialists. Sometimes knowing there is someone who cares and wants to listen can be of great help.
Child Care Resources for First Responders, Healthcare/Essential Workers:
The Washington State Department of Health has released guidelines for operating child care sites.
In Oregon, providers offering emergency child care must follow specific guidelines released by the ELD, in partnership with the Oregon Health Authority.
Information on COVID 19: Organizations Housing Older Adults in the Community
Stay Safe Washington by Governor Jay Inslee
Seattle Public Schools’ program is on its website
YMCA of Greater Seattle
Boys and Girls Clubs of King County
Tacoma Whole Child Partnership Day Camp
Puyallup School District
OHSU Medical Students offering free childcare to healthcare workers in Portland while classes are suspended. For more information, Twitter users can send a direct message to Emily Lane at @EmilyCALane or use the hotline: 503-383-9776.
Portland Public Schools
Shopping & Groceries:
Uber eats, GrubHub, PostMates and similar food delivery services are offering “contact-free delivery” option at checkout.
- GrubHub safely continue to support your favorite local restaurants. For the safety of you and our drivers, drivers will call/text when they arrive and drop off your order on the doorstep, in the lobby or other area designated by you
- PostMates allows customers to specify where they would like their order to be left (for instance, on their doorstep or in their building’s lobby). Customers can always access this option when placing an order under “Delivery Options”.
- Meal Train has a “Contact Free” or restaurant delivery option for COVID. It’s a simple and organized way for many people to deliver meals, set up transportation or assistance around the home ongoing. A home cooked meal can nourish the body and heal the spirit. People who face serious illness or health conditions can benefit from ongoing support.
From Amazon, Amazon Fresh, and Whole Foods…
- Household staples are low and delivery promises are a little longer than normal. Working to ensure price gouging doesn’t occur by blocking or removing thousands of basic needs products. Prime Now, Amazon Fresh, and Whole Foods Market delivery customers always have the option to select “unattended delivery” during checkout if they prefer not to come into contact with others. Orders not containing alcohol are eligible for unattended delivery and will be left in a location specified by the customer.
- Shipping is FREE for orders $25 or more and delivered to your door. more details
- Precautionary step made on March 2 to limit the number of cold, flu and sanitary products per order…so everyone can have access to the items they need. Activated preparedness plan several weeks ago, and continue to monitor the rapidly evolving situation. Partnering with suppliers to replenish high-demand preparedness products. Use Fred Meyer shopper’s card to create and account and begin shopping. At store pick-up, delivery, and shipping options available ranging in price from $4.95 to $9.95 and FREE shipping for orders over $35.
Stores offering shopping hours specifically for seniors
- Albertsons/Safeway–Tuesday and Thursday from 7am to 9am.
- Costco–Tuesday and Thursday from 8am to 9am.
- Fred Meyer–Monday thru Thursday 7am to 8am.
- Target–Wednesday from 7am to 8am.
- Whole Foods–everyday from 8-9am; for people 60+ and allowing only 40 people to enter at a time.
Meals for Seniors:
Pierce County, WA
Residents over the age of 60 that need help accessing food due to limited mobility, illnesses COVID-19 safety concerns can be provided support with: Food shopping and delivery, Locations of lunches to go, or Home- Delivered Meals (via www.momsmeals.com) Please contact the ADRC at 253-798-4600 or visit www.piercecountywa.gov/farmersmarket for more details.
King County, WA
Northshore Senior Center- in Bothell, the Pop Up Pantry is available for seniors and people with disabilities only, on Tuesdays and Friday, 11am to 1pm, for non-perishable food items and supplies. NSC Bothell is also serving Hot-To-Go lunches to pick up, or they will deliver to those seniors who are not able to pick up. From 11:45am to 12:15pm. Northshore Senior Center in Bothell-Pop Up Pantry and Hot to-go lunches
SouthEast Seattle Senior Center- are able to provide “Grab-N-Go” lunches this week, starting today, March 16 to Friday, March 20. The SESSC is still officially closed for all regular activities but during the closure we will be providing this lunches for you to grab at the Center eat them at home. This service will be available from 11:30am to 12:30pm.
Hopelink Food Bank in Kirkland- is open to anyone in need. In response to the arrival of COVID-19 in our community, pre-packed boxes of food will be available for all participants to pick up. Just follow the signage to the door where they will be given out at your local center. Each household will be able to pick up enough food for 21 meals per person (or two weeks worth of food). Hopelink Food Bank
Meals on Wheels
King County, WA – Sound Generations’ programs continue to operate and deliver services. This program accepts King County, WA residents aged 60 or more, who have difficulty shopping or cooking. For those under 60, a private pay option is available at the cost of $7 per meal. Meals on Wheels King County
Washington County, OR– Congregate Meal Sites Temporarily Closed.
- As of March 13, our congregate meal sites being operated by both Meals on Wheels People (MOWP) and Immigrant and Community Refugee Organization (IRCO) will be closed through at least mid-April. Clients will be offered the option of picking up meals or receiving home-delivered meals as an alternative. Providers have also implemented “non-contact” measures for all interactions. Wellness checks and nutrition assessments will be conducted by phone
Portland, OR- For up-to-date information on what is happening at Meals on Wheels People during this health emergency, call our COVID-19 Hotline at 503.953.8158.
- Suspended meal service at all of our dining centers in Clark, Multnomah and Washington counties.
- To-go home meals are available from 10 a.m. to noon today only. As the buildings from which we operate are beginning to close, to-go meal service will be unavailable beginning Tuesday, March 17, with the exception of our downtown location at 1032 SW Main, which will remain open for to-go meals from 10 a.m. to noon this week for people who regularly access that site.
- homebound participants, meal delivery will be limited to three days per week rather than five. We have instituted a “no contact” meal delivery system and instructed volunteers to keep a distance of at least six feet from those who are receiving meals.
- How can you help? In order for us to continue providing service to the most vulnerable population through these difficult times, we’re in desperate need of these items: Hand sanitizer, Anti-bacterial wipes, Plastic gloves, Handled bags (plastic or paper) we can use to package meals. If you are able to donate any of these items, please bring them to our Central Kitchen at 7710 SW 31st Avenue in Portland
Salem, OR- Marion/Polk Food Share
- Meals on Wheels Home Delivery- Meals on Wheels home delivery is functioning as usual. For questions concerning delivery, please call 503-364-2856.
- Center 50+ Dining Room- Center 50+, including the dining room, is closed as of Monday, March. 16. We will provide meals to go at the door in place of dining room service. For questions concerning meals to go, please call 503-364-2856.
- South Salem Senior Center Dining Room- The dining room at South Salem Senior Center is closed as of Friday, March 13. Clients from South Salem Senior Center are welcome to pick up food to go at Center 50+.
Activity Ideas for Long Term Care Residents from AHCA
Make sure residents are staying in touch with family and friends by helping them set up video chats and phone calls or by writing cards and letters.Ask your residents what they would like to do. If it is something usually done in groups, think of ways to modify the activity, so it will work within guidelines from the Centers for Disease Control and the Department of Human Services.
If your residents have access to their own computers, tablets, e-readers, etc., explore virtual activities, such as: (View full list of ideas)
- Online Museums – many museums now have online content, like the Museum of Modern Art (MoMA).
- Online classes – many universities now have free, online classes along with sites like Coursera.
- Contact your local community college and universities to see if they have any online classes that may be appropriate for your residents. Ask if they would be willing to waive fees for this time. Due to many schools closing, email may be the best form of communication instead of calling.
- Puzzles and card games like Sudoku, Solitaire, etc.
- If your resident practices a particular faith, look into religious services that are streamed online.
- The Metropolitan Opera (The Met) provides free streaming of its operas each night.
- Silver Kite is offering free daily online arts workshops through the end of June for older adults in the Seattle area in partnership with the Seattle Public Library and the King County Library System. If you are in Seattle, you can access and register for the classes by going to: www.silverkite.us/spl and enter the password: SPL2020. (360) 218-4884, email@example.com www.silverkite.us